1. A white horse. (6 vs 2)
Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed upon his head; he rode out to conquer in many battles and win the war.
- a time of peace, progress and victory and success in every way, be it evangelism, everything going as intended.
Times of desolation, judgment, war and persecution.
- All happening to "...take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another..."
3. A black horse (6 vs 5)
- woe, mourning and darkness and ignorance. "For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee." Isaiah 60:2
- the knowledge and practice of true religion will became scarce.
- famine of the word of God and of true religion
- the necessities of life will be at excessive prices, and more costly.
The rider was Death, the king of terrors.
- This is the moment when whatever may tend to make life happy is destroyed.
- when the mystery of iniquity is completed, and its power extended both over the lives and consciences of men.
Simple Gospel Summation