We witness two things;
1. The finality of Babylon’s Fall, and
2. God avenging the blood of martyrs on her!
Babylon is fallen because like Sodom and Gomorra the city had become "a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!" vs 2.
- all the nations of the earth had drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, vs 3
- the kings of the earth had committed fornication with her, and
- the merchants of the earth had also become rich through the abundance of her luxury.
Like Lot, the people of God had to walk away from her so that God would punish her; "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities." Revelation 18:4-5
"In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow." Revelation 18:7
- Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her, vs 6
"Therefore her plagues will come in one day-death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her." Revelation 18:8
- when her distraction comes, it will be swift - a short work! For in one hour her great riches will come to nothing. "For in one hour she is made desolate." Revelation 18:19.
"Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!" Revelation 18:20
Simple Gospel Summation