"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10
Paul saw something not right which is happening in some of our churches today.
It’s a fact that
1. they’re following ways which doesn’t go to heaven at all. Believers in these churches don’t even know they are being fooled by those bent on perverting the gospel of Christ for personal gain.
2. they’re sweet talking believers, and flattery will lead us nowhere if what we ever do is please people. Most preachers these days seems like they are called to make people feel good but Paul said, "for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."
I grew up in a church which preached in order to manipulate followers, but Paul said, "I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man" Galatians 1:11. It’s not based on what man feel, but God.
He says, "I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel" Galatians 1:6.
Romans 16:17-18 says, "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple."
Anyway, he that has an ear let him hear!
- I marvel that you are turning away...
- The just shall live by faith!
- He adopted us as his very own sons!
- Walk circumspectly!
- For every man shall bear his own burden!
www.muzembi.org - Simple Gospel Summation