THIS KNOW ALSO that in the LAST DAYS perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, PROUD, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, UNHOLY, Without natural affection, TRUCEBREAKERS, false accusers, incontinent, FIERCE, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, LOVERS OF PLEASURES more than lovers of God; HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 KJV
These are the last days, dangerous times they are, and hard to bear.
"Evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived" 2 Timothy 3:13. These evil men and seducers are none other than those prophets of ours, men who love only themselves, and this is true of many false prophets and false teachers out there. You hear them teach on prosperity, but don’t be fooled, it’s all about themselves living pretty and sending their children to best schools, even abroad.
They love only themselves, and their money, and many of them are;
1. Covetous - Jesus said on covetousness, "Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth" Luke 12:15. Be on the lookout for people who pretend to love you but have a covetous mindset. David lured Uriah for his wife.
2. Boasters - James 4:16 says, "But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil" Ephesians 2:9. Boasting about how wonderful you’re to all others is evil. It’s not of works my friend, lest any man should boast.
3. Proud - There are believers who are too proud and arrogant to believe they’re in the wrong. But God, and God will "plentifully rewardeth the proud doer" Psalm 31:23.
4. Blasphemers - are they who speak against the Holy Spirit.
5. Disobedient to parents - Children of disobedience (angels, sons or servants of God who sin wilfully) will receive a just recompense of reward - there is no escape.
6. Unthankful - Ungrateful to parents
7. Unholy - Profane, disrespectful and sneering at God.
8. Without natural affection - Inhuman and unloving
9. Truce breakers - Irreconcilable
10. False accusers - Malicious gossips
11. Incontinent - Lacking self restraint
12. Fierce - Murderous
13. Despisers of those that are good,
14. Traitors - Betrayers
15. Heady - alcoholic, reckless
16. High-minded - Conceited
17. Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
18. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.