This is what happened to you when you got born again;
- You received and understood the Gospel
- You realised how good the word of God is
- You shared in the Holy Spirit
- You tasted for yourself the good things of heaven
- You tasted the powers of the world to come, and last but not least
- You received Christ.
So now that you’re born again, the Lord willing, you need to go on to other things, that will make you even more stronger, and more mature in the faith. For "when the ground soaks up the falling rain and bears a good crop for the farmer, it has God's blessing. But if a field bears thorns and thistles, it is useless. The farmer will soon condemn that field and burn it." Hebrews 6:7-8. This simply means, you have to demonstrate that you’re born of God. This you do when you bring "forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance..." Luke 3:8.
"And this will we do, if God permit" Hebrews 6:3.
The writer says, "beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak" Hebrews 6:9. We’re persuaded better things of you;
- that you will leave the principles of the doctrine of Christ, and move on unto perfection.
- that you will bring forth fruit.
- that you will serve Christ, and minister to the saints, and do minister.
"And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises" Hebrews 6:11-12.
God has given us salvation, both by his promise and his oath, two things we can completely count on, for it is impossible for God to tell a lie. This hope of being saved is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls, connecting us with God himself. We have strong consolation in Christ, who is gone ahead to plead for us from his position as our High Priest.
www.muzembi.org - Simple Gospel Summation