It is about Faith, Hope and Love.
- your faith in Christ Jesus,
- your love for all the saints, and among others
- your hope for eternal life.
Walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God, that should be your aim.
1. your faith in Christ Jesus,Trust the Lord;
"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins" Colossians 1:14
- Get the message with real certainty, and clear understanding of what he wants you to do;
- the way you live should always be to please the Lord and to honour him, so that you will always be doing good,
- trust him, too, for each day’s problems; live in vital union with him.
2. your love for all the saintsLove the people of God, as Christ loved you. Here is how it’s described, "love in the spirit’ meaning it was given you by the Holy Spirit to ".... fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ..." Colossians 1:24.
Fulfil the word of God, minister to the saints and the faithful brethren in Christ. Love his people, change lives.
"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily" Colossians 1:26-29.
Your life was changed that very first day you heard the Gospel and understood about God's great kindness to sinners.
3. your hope for eternal lifeLook forward to the joy in heaven; "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light" Colossians 1:12.
"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister" Colossians 1:23. Here the word FAITH is all encompassing; and what’s that hope of the gospel? Eternal life.
Muzembi.org - Simple Gospel Summation
|Colossians||1||The hope of the Gospel|
|Colossians||2||The mystery of God|
|Colossians||3||Set your affection on things above|
|Colossians||4||Christ is all, and in all|