Mission would soon be accomplished, and overly had good success training His disciples, and now He is reporting to the one who sent him, that mission is accomplished!
He is now praying for his disciples and all the other believers;
He said, "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them." John 17:9-10.
He prayed, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth," John 17:17
- that they may be made perfect in one,
- that they also may be one in us, the Godhead,
- that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me, and that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
He said, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3.
Don't burden yourself with doctrines of men my friend, it’s enough for you to know the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom He has sent.
Here is why He called you; that you may glorify him. He that has been given power over all flesh, and should give eternal life to as many as will be drawn to him is the one who is saying glorify God in your body.
Laying us an example, He said to the Father; "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do," and in John 12:28 when He thus prayed, "Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.'
He's glorified when we uphold the truth, love one another and draw men to him.
- He said, "I AM the Messiah"
- In Him was life; and the life was the light of men
- You must be born-again
- Cleansing the temple
- The wedding at Cana
- We believe and are sure!
- Because you sons
- Lord give us this bread always
- Has no one condemned you?
- Abide in my Word
- How could he be?
- Why believers are different?
- Give the world this Light
- Let not your heart be troubled
- The true Vine
- Abide in my love
- Wash one another’s feet
- Don’t resist evil
- Jesus before Pilate
- Whom are you seeking?
God bless you,
www.muzembi.org - Simple Gospel Summation