It’s common with most of us these days, that on a normal day you feel like danger, fear, anxiety or harm is entering your house.
Isaiah said I was distressed when I heard it. So he woke up and advised the princes to;
"Prepare the table, Set a watchman in the tower, Eat and drink. Arise, you princes, Anoint the shield! For thus has the Lord said to me: "Go, set a watchman, Let him declare what he sees." Isaiah 21:5-6.
So a watchman was set, and at night he listened, and day he looked with great care, and what he was seeing was each time increasing his fear. "He saw a chariot with a pair of horsemen, A chariot of donkeys, and a chariot of camels, And he listened earnestly with great care. Then he cried, "A lion, my Lord!" Isaiah 21:7-8. "And look, here comes a chariot of men with a pair of horsemen!" Then he answered and said, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen! And all the carved images of her gods He has broken to the ground." Isaiah 21:9.
We’ve two watchers here, the two witnesses the prophet Isaiah and the watchman.
- Isaiah had a distressing vision; where in the vision he saw Babylon besieged by whirlwinds, treacherous dealers dealing treacherously, and a plunderer plundering.
- The watchman saw events leading to the fall of Babylon, and if you read the book of revelation you will see similar events developing, of signs leading to the fall of Babylon; the seals, the little book, the two witnesses, the trumpets, the beasts, three angels, the bowls judgements of the wrath of God and then Babylon is fallen.
Isaiah then said, "That which I have heard from the LORD of hosts, The God of Israel, I have declared to you," and said, "Oh, my threshing and the grain of my floor!" Isaiah 21:10.
Remember in Scripture a threshing floor is the symbol of judgement; where chuff is separated from grain, tares from wheat, goats from sheep, the ungodly from the godly and the bad from the good. Terror brought to you by the Lord nothing you can do about it, actually it gets worse.
Anyway, both these men declared what they saw, the whirlwind and the lion coming towards the the people of God also, and sadly protection was removed from them because their wall was damaged. Why? The people did not look to their Maker, Nor did they "have respect for Him who fashioned it long ago." Isaiah 22:11. What the people were doing was the opposite of what God wanted them to do.
The kingdoms of this world will fall; Babylon will fall (Isaiah 21), Tyre & Sidon (Isaiah 23), even Jerusalem (Isaiah 22). The rulers of this world, "They will be gathered together, As prisoners are gathered in the pit, And will be shut up in the prison; After many days they will be punished," Isaiah 24:22. But while this is happening to them; glory to the righteous! All things shall be made new!
More commentary on the book of Isaiah
- The word that I saw!
- Here am I! Send me!
- We’ve seen a great light!
- He will set up a banner for the nations!
- Hope in God!
- We are for signs and wonders!
- Woe to those who prophesy lies!
- He expects you to bring forth good fruit!
- You shall be redeemed!
- I’ve also called my mighty ones
- Such is our expectation
- A Lion, My Lord!
- The Serpent, Leviathan
God bless you,
www.muzembi.org - Simple Gospel Summation